Saturday, January 2, 2010

brok'n silence

suspended animation
straightjackets me
into pitch black darkness
as smells of
rancid half-eaten bodies
reverberate with errant footsteps
followed by a familiar voice
that speaks to me
as i try to escape
from carnivorous beasts
who wish to slowly
eat away at my soul

shape-shiftin’ to a dove
you vowed
that you would love
and
protect me
but now
the smoke has dissipated
identifying you
for the predator
you really are
blinded by flashbacks
propelled into a cesspool
i somehow developed an immunity
to your spell
but you preyed upon me
and
as you stalk’d me
like a wild beast
without reason


i suddenly was deported
to this alien wasteland
unknown to time
or space
in order to escape
i staved all doubt
and
fear
which would normally
cocoon me with holograms
as a legion of vampires
fiend to drink
and
bathe in my blood

as you prepare to
go in for the bite
i hopelessly surrender
beggin’ to offer you
one last kiss
but
instead i trick you
by
drivin’ a wooden stake
through your heart
within seconds
you instantly crumble to dust
the spell has been brok’n
and
the remnants are quickly blown away
reborn as a vampire hunter
i’m ready for the fight
between good
and
evil
...and so i was named “the protector”



K-NYNEthepOetiksoul©2008, 2010 (revamped version of stalk'd)

No comments:

Post a Comment